With the emergence of eCommerce, the global marketplace has seen rapid growth, but eCommerce international shipping is not easy as everyone thinks. At first, it’s been a difficult task, but thanks to eCommerce technology, which opts for fast-paced world trading needs, that made global trade easy with advanced custom solutions.
Ecommerce businesses always aim to reach the global audience by taking their business a step ahead by getting into international shipping. So, there shouldn’t be a limited customer base when it comes to selling online.
Ecommerce international shipping is nonetheless a cumbersome task to deliver the goods globally. Shoppers are more inclined to repeat purchases if they get a seamless shipping experience. So, it is necessary for your site to enter the arena of international shipping and to have the best partner to help you ship globally.
But to be able to match up with international shipping, the website must have certain eCommerce features to stay reliable and competitive, which also helps attracts online shoppers.
Get to Know How The Right Features Helps Your Ecommerce International Shipping?
In order to opt for eCommerce international shipping, it is crucial for every website to be affable and inviting to customers from other countries. It is advised to take care of how well you expand your service in the following areas:
- Dependable Infrastructure
When you aim for global trade, you need to make sure that you invest in reliable infrastructure in other countries. To receive positive feedback from the customers and secure the excellent name of your brand, it is mandatory to check that the products are delivered on time and in good condition.
It includes research to ensure that the transportation is well-maintained between each country you aim to sell in. The essential thing is to estimate the delivery dates to the customers in all of your serviceable areas. A trustworthy delivery partner with experience in international shipping can be instrumental in deciding anticipated delivery slots for your customers.
Another thing to keep in mind before you get into eCommerce international shipping is to have a fully functional and responsive design. The infrastructure in foreign countries also has to include a well-supported app or website design that is the computer- and mobile-friendly; it ensures that your site is reliable and good to go for all devices and browsers. If eCommerce international shipping is something you have been trying to set up for a long time, then reconsidering building your app is the right choice—Growcify.com can help you achieve this dream.
- Multilingual Support
The English language is everywhere! Almost all countries around the globe have some knowledge of this language. However, a wider audience can be reached if your site supports the native languages of the target countries. The dearth of online language diversity can become a hurdle for you in playing in the global trade.
According to a survey conducted by Statista in 2020, “73% of global consumers preferred product reviews in their native language when shopping online. Additionally, 67% of the people surveyed reported that they tolerated mixed languages on websites. The rest, 40% of shoppers, said they would not purchase from a website in another language.”
Therefore, it is advised to translate your site into different languages, facilitating easy communication with your customers in the target areas. You should always keep in mind that the translated text is legible to the local lingo and culture, so get your content translated. The currency convertor should be added to your website to display the buyer’s local currency prices. It will also help in managing payments made in different currencies.
- Payment Gateways For International Transactions
Ecommerce international shipping and transactions involve international payment gateways to smoothly run money transactions through digital wallets like Amazon Pay, Braintree, or PayPal. It is always wise to add various payment options to your site, as buyers are likely to buy more when their preferred payment option is offered.
However, shipping your products online in the international market is not devoid of risks. For businesses based out of the US, the International Trade Administration also provided a good set of video clips on protecting yourself and making sure you are paid for the products you export. If you plan to sell in bulk, in huge quantities to a wholesaler, considering this becomes very important. Moreover, foreign policies and regulations impact your revenue when you choose global trade, so make a note of it!
Being Aware Of The Right Laws And Regulations
Before planning to ship your product(s) internationally, you should do your homework concerning the laws and taxes. The tax system varies for each country, and in some countries, one does not have to pay VAT. Therefore, learning about the various rules and laws regarding taxation on imported products is advised. You can also provide customers with this information before purchasing on your site. Gather information about the necessary paperwork for global trade.
The global trade technicalities usually include:
- When importing a package into a country, attaching an invoice to the products is mandatory. It mentions product types and their values in a list format. It includes proforma and commercial invoices.
- Another required documentation of the order for shipping is a waybill. It is a comprehensive shipping label that carries all the information required for delivery, transport, and shipping expenses.
- Additional forms should be issued For restricted items like electronic export information, certificates of origin, shipper’s letter of instruction, certificates of free sale, and other unique case documents.
There is a piece of good news for Indian businesses as, according to The Week, the DHL Supply Chain has expanded its India fulfillment network to Ahmedabad, Delhi, and Mumbai. Vikas Anand, Managing Director, DHL Supply Chain, India, commented on this expansion. He said, “Building on the success of the India Fulfillment Network in Bangalore, brands, and organizations can utilize our footprint across India to empower their Omnichannel sales via a state-of-the-art plug and play model that will play a vital role in boosting their overall business.” He further added, “Using IFN not only reduces delivery times but also helps avoid long-distance shipments across the country, thus reducing CO2 emissions occurring from transport.“
Ecommerce international shipping has become more convenient for Indian businesses as DHL international shipping has come to major eCommerce hubs in India. Also, when it comes to being sure that all the paperwork is in order, DHL is the most reliable partner for that purpose.
The last thing to check is local laws for importing products. A few goods, like certain foods and beverages, live seeds, or even books and specific toys, are not allowed to be imported into some countries. Therefore, check your list of shipments with the local laws before selling them to those particular areas.
Choosing The Right Shipping Partner
Businesses must give thorough and precise information about their orders to satisfy their customer base. Moreover, communication is essential to earn the trust of the customer. If customers can track and see their orders’ shipping and transit status and have a hassle-free buying experience, they will come back for more. For the buyers, knowing when the order will arrive is a relief.
As mentioned above, a shipping partner like DHL can make your work easy as it gives all the relevant information on its client’s behalf to their customers, which includes:
- Offering options for last-mile delivery, which also includes parcel lockers
- On-demand delivery enables customers to control their delivery times and slots.
- It also provides notifications for international deliveries and package tracking.
- Automated shipping and tax calculations to inform the customers about all costs in advance.
All this is possible through DHL international shipping systems; you do not need to monitor or set up anything. If you choose the correct shipping partner, it provides an effortless and smooth international delivery experience. DHL can be your one-stop eCommerce international shipping solution.
Building An International Client Base
Creating an international client base can take time and effort. Connecting your product with the needs of people from across the world can be challenging. The trick is to have patience. For a successful launch, smooth out any crimps as the first customers place orders. After that, you can expand your sales internationally as things go well. A few necessary strategies include:
- Let the world know about your new shipping areas: International customers wait for your product to be served in their country. Be prepared to serve their needs, but before you need to let your brand be known to the world. Use various mediums, like your website’s homepage, newsletters, and social media platforms, to spread the word that your services are available.
- Know about local culture and sales techniques: To reach the more significant mass of the countries where you aim to sell, you must advertise in the languages which are more appealing to local customers. Also, make sure that their sentiments are not hurt in any way. It is wise to employ local translators or marketers to help you understand their market.
- Keep your website content fresh: No body wants to go through the same old things over again. To solidify your international client base you must update your website with fresh and informative contents. This will result in attracting new visitors and urge the old customers to engage. You can do it by uploading fresh content to your blogs on latest news, important takeaways and latest topic related to your business.
New and fresh content will also make you more visible on search engines.
Following the above is a good option for global trading and making your business successful in the international market!
Growcify.com can assist you with a platform to get your website and apps created and become a guide for the best eCommerce business advice in your venture to take your business international. Take your dream beyond borders with Growcify and DHL. For more such helpful posts, visit our blog.