When you plan to take your business online, it is a chance for you to make an impression on your customers, so you should make it a point that your website represents what your business stands for. If you wish to go long in this online journey, you need to do it right.
Ecommerce has become the all and all shopping mall for the Gen Z generation. Therefore, when launching your business online, the design of your online store is a crucial thing to be done correctly. You will find a hundred suggestions and tips to run an efficient ecommerce business. However, in this article, our focus will be on ecommerce website design.
- What is an eCommerce website design?
Ecommerce website design, in layman’s terms, is to build an online store for a business to sell digitally on the internet to target buyers. Ecommerce website design involves setting up an Ecommerce store for your intended customers. Once you imagine the design of your Ecommerce website, you need to present a decent layout and comprehensible product label/ logo and pictures for an impressive and compelling appearance on the web. Ecommerce website design requires a proper plan, envisioning and organising of products and contents for successful display on the web.
The ecommerce revolution has already been witnessed as more and more businesses are shifting to the ecommerce platform. As a result, the maximum number of customers are turning to ecommerce websites and apps to make their purchases. According to Statista, “Online retail sales amounted to 4.9 Trillion U.S dollars worldwide. And it’s forecast to grow over 50% within the next four years.” The report further added that “The online retail industry in India amounted to an estimated 32.7 billion U.S. dollars. This was a rapidly expanding market, forecast to be valued at 73 billion dollars by 2022.
Your sale highly depends on how well-designed your website is and how it resonates with the idea and name of your business. There are various ecommerce website design trends you can find online. The following section will enumerate the current ecommerce website design trends.
2. What are current ecommerce website design trends?
If you aim to gain maximum profit from your online sale, you cannot expect it from the old website, no matter how well built. Therefore, you need to get a grasp of the online ecommerce website design trends. An outdated website can prove to be a threat to your business. I have listed the best and latest ecommerce website design trends with a host of examples from international and ecommerce websites in India for your reference.
- Centred navigation menus ( Magnet Co )
- Asymmetrical layouts (Finches)
- Minimalism (Parker pens)
- Interactive design ( Style Novels)
- Micro animations (Google logo)
- Dark mode (Astra)
- Advanced chatbots (Domino’s)
- Engaging filter functions (ZARA)
In 2022, engagement is what most of the ecommerce website design centres on. Engaging your customers with fun filters, interactive designs and micro animations, all help in making their shopping delightful.
The task of your ecommerce website development can be easy and prove to be fruitful by employing a few of these trends; which will help your business to be more noticeable in the website crowd, it will also push repeat purchases and enhance the word-of-mouth marketing. By being at par with the latest website design trends your website can always look fresh and appealing which consequently will drive customers and boost your profit margins.
3. What makes a good ecommerce website design?
No tags of “good”, “best” or “bad” can be given to any ecommerce website design. It depends on your needs. Nonetheless, a high-preforming ecommerce website design is desirable to the customers. Thus, to boil it down, a good ecommerce website design comprises an amalgamation of impactful images, bold texts, effortless navigation and creative graphics. Delivering the customers what they need and a great user experience on their part is the way to a high performing ecommerce website design.
However, just this is not enough. To have a fully-functional and efficient ecommerce website design few necessary features should be included.
- The website should be mobile responsive. According to Statista, “A significant share of internet services has moved to mobile-only platforms: mobile wallets make shopping on the go even easier and increase the aim. Merchants increasingly understand the importance of the mobile customer experience, introducing mobile-optimized search options and reducing the number of clicks to purchase.”
The above-mentioned process includes optimizing webshops for mobile devices and apps to gain buyers’ loyalty. A responsive ecommerce website design guarantees that customers from all sorts of devices can access the website without any digital constraints and have an equal on-site experience.
- Providing detailed product information is an amazing way to be the best ecommerce website in the market. Online shopping is entirely dependent on photographs. When a customer buys a product he looks for pictures with clarity which can show specific detail of the product. So the product image should be such that the customer can feel it looking at his/her device’s screen. These pictures should be taken from multiple angles and can be zoomed in or enlarged. A few websites also provide a 3D image or 360-degree view of the product images.
- Likewise, a good ecommerce website design should include a specific area for a thorough product description and specifications. Apart from this, customer reviews are an excellent way to give honest and unfiltered product information.
- An easily rememberable and clear logo creates a sense of dependability and reassurance in your company. The logo speaks of the image and recognition of the company. People zone out now and then as their attention span is reduced, to attract their attention fast, adding a beautiful image or mascot in your logo will do the needful.
- User-friendliness: A simple and convenient site can make a huge difference. Customers do not want to go through a lot of trouble and waste their time on your ill-managed website if the navigation is irksome. If the layout is badly scattered or the keys are unresponsive it leads to struggle on the customer’s part and your part a loss of customers. To prevent this, you have to make sure that you maintain user-friendly site navigation.
4. How much does it cost to build an ecommerce store in India?
In India, a responsive website that can be accessed from several devices like mobile phones, desktops, laptops, tablets etc is estimated to cost somewhere between Rs. 50,000. Generally, the basic and simple e-commerce website cost ranges from $299 (Rs 23,152) to $699 (Rs 54,126) which includes:
- The domain name (for one year)
- Web hosting (for one year)
- Template design (with some customizations)
- Logo design
- Paypal payment gateway integration
- CMS to manage web pages
- E-Commerce features are set up using open source CMS like WordPress
- Responsive e-commerce web design
- Option to generate coupons
- Flat shipping rate
The average estimate to create an e-commerce website in India with improved and advanced features can cost $1999 onwards up to $6800.
Alternatively, hoisting charges for websites are relatively low. The host gives you a place on the webserver to save your files and contents and charges you on an annual or monthly basis. In simple words, web hosting is a way by which you buy or rent a space to shelter a website on the internet. This is done to make your website content like HTML, CSS and images viewable online. In India, hoisting charges for a website, on shared hosting platforms costs anywhere from INR 5000 to 10,000/-.
There are various types of hosting deals available for different types of websites. For medium to small business websites, a shared server is the best option. Hosting your site on VPS is suitable when you own a professional website and expect to generate substantial traffic. hosting charges for such websites will roughly be from INR 40,000 to 100,000/- per annum.
Hosting charges for a website which are futuristic and transactional web pages. For more advanced and transactional web applications with heavy traffic, hosting your website on a dedicated server is a more wise option. Hosting charges for a website could range from INR 150,000 to 400,000/- this will depend on the hosting platform you choose and also the server configuration.
Hosting charges for websites are higher in Indian regions for Indian servers in terms of INR when compared to hosting costs in USA or Singapore. All these may sound a bit overwhelming and costly right? Well, don’t worry, Growcify is the best way you can take your business online at a very reasonable price.
5. Why is the mobile app important for eCommerce?
A mobile app gives limitless possibilities for an ecommerce business. It enables proper interactions with the audience, helps in proper marketing of products and offers discounts and deals. The communication between the audience and the business becomes easy through the simple medium of an app. There are several benefits of having a mobile app for your ecommerce business:
- New Sales Opportunities
People usually use their free time for mobile shopping, which is usually while travelling, while waiting in a traffic jam, having lunch or at night before going to be. Research by Statista showed that “In 2021, mobile users in Brazil spent five hours and 26 minutes using mobile apps on a daily basis, up by 32 per cent compared to 2019. Indonesia ranked second in the list of countries with the highest daily app usage in 2021, with 5.25 hours daily spent using mobile apps. Germany and China ranked last with 3.22 hours and 3.10 hours spent by users daily on apps, respectively.” These are the best times to prompt interest in the customers to shop. For instance, Push notifications about a new product launch or a price drop can be sent to the customers during those times to increase your sales. By providing the possibility to shop from anywhere and anytime your sales opportunities grow considerably.
- Better Connectivity with Customers
Website shopping can sometimes be lousy in terms of connectivity. Mobile apps have proven to be more convenient and offer better connectivity. By using push notifications, a reminder of an abandoned cart, or a price drop alert the app helps in connecting better with the larger audience. These push notifications, if you click on them they will redirect you to your product on the app page without any site buffer or hassle.
- Customer Loyalty
Today the customers want everything in one place. They want to shop without even walking an inch, to keep up with their expectations it is imperative to have a mobile app. By opting for an app you will present the whole store to your customers in a box. This results in a comfortable shopping experience and thereby fortifies the loyalty of the customers. Further, almost all the customers believe that the mobile app serves as an uninterrupted experience. Once they trust your brand and you earn their loyalty it will encourage them to make future purchases too. Loyalty programs by companies never go in vain!
- Increased Average Order Value
An application allows viewing a host of products and thus the items on the cart are also increased. When compared to a mobile website and desktop apps, a mobile app tends to have a higher average order value.
This high order value is an outcome of push notifications and the way they are used by a company’s app. The push notifications should be sent in moderation, not too many to irritate the customers or not too less to lose the customers.
- Reduced Cart Abandonment Rates
An abandoned cart is a big problem that ecommerce businesses have to go through. Specifically, because the customer is just one click away from making a purchase.
About 80 per cent of customers leave their shopping carts even before buying anything. The reasons are high shipping costs, extra taxes, lesser payment options and the issue of re-entering their data again on the website. According to the stats by 99 firms, “ Approximately 55% of the users abandon carts because they have to re-enter information.”
An efficient mobile app design will create no such problems and offer an easy shopping experience. Optimizing checkout forms to bring down the abandoned cart by 20 per cent.
6. How do I make an eCommerce app without coding?
Building an ecommerce app from square one can be a daunting task. However, there are alternative ways by which you can create your app without going through the herculean task of coding and programming.
One way is to do it the long and traditional way by taking up courses online to learn to make apps without hard-core coding. Another and the more convenient and best way is to get your ecommerce mobile app made through app and website making sites like Growcify.com within 24 hours.
Get your app made sans coding with Growcify.com, creating an e-commerce app using Growcify’s e-commerce website and app builder is a child’s play! The platform assures multiple benefits if you create your app through it and the cherry on the top is that you will need no lengthy codes to run your app.
Here’s how you can register your business online and create an eCommerce app later using Growcify.com:
- Go to grwocify.com and click on “signup for free”, enter your name and sign up with your mobile number.
- Click on “Register new business” and add your company’s name.
- Fill in the details of your business such as GST no, business type etc.
- Next, click on “plan information” select your billing cycle and click on continue.
- Enter your app information like app name, app colour and description of your app and then press continue.
- This page opens up your own app with features like a dashboard, categories, payment links, employees etc.
- And voila! Your app is ready! It will get activated within 24 hours during which you can do the payment.
Growcify delivers your personalized app to you very fast and at really affordable rates! So, delay no more and get your mobile app and website made today.
Dealing in the ecommerce market requires attractive and conventional apps and websites. You can include uncommon colours and designs to accentuate and reflect the personality of your ecommerce brand. To maintain and keep your site up to date, carry out A/b tests and improve the efficiency of your website by constantly repairing and updating. Please consider that selecting the right ecommerce website design is going to be a challenging task, nonetheless, once the customers start pouring in, it will all be worth it!